Packing before you travel :
It’s very important to pack before you travel and wise packing makes your travel light and comfortable. Equipments needed depends largely upon where , when and how one is trekking.The main emphasis while trekking on keeping warm and dry while still being light weight. For lower altitude, Fleece Jackets are adequate, while at higher altitude down jackets are advisable. Waterproof, windproof jacket and pants, well broken-in footwear, head covering are also recommended.Good sleeping bags, sunglasses,drinking water bottle, torchlight, Sun block cream,toiletries, First aid kit are other item necessary.
Equipment list for Nepal Travel
|01.||Duffel bag / flight bag *||14.||Backpack|
|02.||Sleeping bag (possibly to rent)||15.||T-shirts|
|03.||Mattress||16.||(Cushion and) pillowcase|
|05.||Socks and stockings||18.||Cap or hat|
|07.||Short or ¾ pants||20.||Sun glasses|
|09.||Down jacket / mountaineering jacket||22.||Walking sticks|
|11.||Mountain sports pants||24.||First aid equipment|
|12.||Poncho *||25.||Field bottle 1 liter *|
|13.||Sun cream / lip balm||26.||Toilet paper /supplies|
PUT ON AN (EVERYWHERE SEARCHING) EMAIL ADDRESS:
copy passport and copy visa
list with numbers of passport, insurance, telephone numbers, etc.
***** TIPS *****
- Money – some extra cash for emergencies, always possible to exchange black. Rupees in small denominations during the trek.
- Plung bag – canvas, stronger than a “flight bag”.
- Weekend bag – can in the duffel bag on the plane, to leave things behind in Kathmandu.
- Number lock – do you lock your duffel bag and your hotel / lodge room; no key required.
- Mountain boots – you have on the plane!
- Poncho – during monsoon also an umbrella, in September, early October a regular poncho, then a disposable suffice …
- Flask – not a plastic bottle, it must be able to be filled with boiling water.
- Mountain sports insurance – coverage against accidents and extra medical expenses.
- Passport – must be valid for 6 months after return.
Medication, at least:
good painkiller, bandages and bandage,
plasters and biogas, iodine
possibly paracetamol, broad spectrum antibiotics, Imodium, ORS